since thickbox functions from parameters within href of <a> tag, the path of least resistance might be build a series of hidden <a> tags that index to options in your select

use $ triigger() function to click the appropriate <a> tag when option is selected

sso wrote:
Ok,
A better question.  Hopefully I won't figure out the answer before I
finish asking this one.

Is it possible to have a select box, and when the item is selected
have it open in a thickbox?  This is easy to do with traditional
anchor tags and its also easy to open links when they're selected from
a select box.  Its the combination that has me stumped.
Ideas?

Thanks!