There are no plugins like that because you can't do that in JavaScript. You
can't block execution of JavaScript code until some event (such as closing
your lightbox-style confirmation) occurs.

The best you can do is to call another function when the event happens. This
is why every asynchronous JavaScript API uses callback functions.

I haven't looked at any of the plugins you're talking about, but I'm sure
they all work that way. (Or perhaps they fire a custom event, but that's
really the same thing as calling a callback function.)

So instead of code like your example:

    var value = prompt( 'enter value' );
    alert( value );

You'd expect to use a pattern like this:

    prompt( 'enter value', function( value ) {
        alert( value );
    });

-Mike