thanks for the reply waseem
i was thinking something along the same lines as well, to keep all the
js in an external file and probably load it even before the ajax pages
are called so there would be no js in the ajax calls, just html.

My web application, is something that usually runs round the clock - i
am not very sure how all these will effect the browser's memory. Too
many ajax calls, with the browser open for long hours; i don't know
how i am supposed to proceed or do things the right way.

What if my js is very huge? will that effect the browsers memory (if
the browser is open for too long).

I just need some information or direction if you can provide me some.

Thanks
Vru