  From:       expresso <dschin...@gmail.com>

  To:         "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>

  Date:       07/02/2009 10:23 AM

  Subject:    [jQuery] Syntax Explanation

jQuery right now is still like a foreign language to me.  I have
books, etc. but can someone tell me what's going on here:

    // Create shortcut for internal use
    var $jc = $.jcarousel;

    $jc.fn = $jc.prototype = {
        jcarousel: '0.2.3'
    };

what is prototype, and what is jcarousel: '0.2.3', is that just
setting some other variable's value?

<<inline: graycol.gif>>

<<inline: ecblank.gif>>