It is the exact same overlay that has to show as open on the homepage and
closed on all of the other pages, but you can click on a button to show and
hide it as well.
That is the button that must show as selected/active when the overlay is
open and as unselected/inactive when closed.

Open Overlay -  http://www.njwebdesign.co.za/TestImages/openOverlay.jpg
http://www.njwebdesign.co.za/TestImages/openOverlay.jpg
Closed Overlay -  http://www.njwebdesign.co.za/TestImages/closedOverlay.jpg
http://www.njwebdesign.co.za/TestImages/closedOverlay.jpg

Now it needs to be open on the homepage and closed on the other pages.