James & Ricardo,

Thank you both for the detailed responses, I appreciate it.

I didn't realize HTML 5 can be used NOW without having to wait for
browser quirks.  In that case, it is absolutely the way to go.  I
already have this working and it is great, very clean, the way it
should be IMO.  If for some reason I weren't able to use that, I
probably would use 2 server side loops, one for the html, one for the
js.

Thanks again,
John