Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I also think it has nothing to do with Z-Index but with the
position: relative of the li elements and the absoulte position of the
submenu ul.

But I think my space is big enough my Problem is not the mainmenu but
the submenu it opens in a navbar (850px width) and when there are too
many items in it there are two rows of items. And when I then hover
over an item in the first row the submenu ul alyways apears behind the
li item in the second row.

So what I need is a Idea to bring the absoulte ul above the relative
li element.