Jonathan Vanherpe (T & T NV) wrote:

Is there some better way than change() to check if an input field's content has changed?

As you all probably know, change() only fires when you remove the focus from the input field, but I want to trigger an event every time the content of an input field changes either by typing something, using crtl-v, pasting from the selection buffer (middle click on *nix), or rightclicking and selecting 'paste'. Is there an existing solution for that, or will I need to write something that just checks the field periodically using setInterval()?

Jonathan

Found the answer myself here:
http://furrybrains.com/tag/jquery/
works like a charm (with a small modification)

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu NV - jonat...@tnt.be