Leonardo, thanks very much for your reply.

I've updated my code, so the third wrapper contains the following:

                <h3>Plain ol' UL, slideDown()</h3>
                <ul id="menu-1-fix">
                </ul>

And the jQuery code:

        /**
         * Fix...
         */
         $("#menu-1-fix li div").click(function(e) {
                $(this).slideUp(2000, function() {
                        $(this).parent().hide(-1).remove();

But the problem persists in IE. Anyone know when the bug will be
fixed? Could I get around the problem using the animate() command?

Regards

--Bill