i have values in data like BSIT|MSIT|BSC| etc when i used alert(). to
display data values then values are correct but when values appear in
drop down they become |||||||||BSIT
code is like this
                 var programs=[];
                alert(data);
                programs=data.split('|');
        $('#p_course').length = 1;
                for(var i=0;i<programs.length-1;i++)
                {
          var objDropdown =$('#p_course').get(0);
                  var objOption = new Option(programs[i],programs[i]);//
adding option
                  objDropdown.options[objDropdown.length] = objOption;
                }

actually i m storing these values in data from db may be thats why
there is a problem bcs when i use static value then it appear
correctly. If u can understand whts gng on plz tell me thnx alot