hello EE,

the problem here that you have positioned the background 24px from the
top, so the button though looks till the image ends, but the actual
div container which reads the mouseenter and mouseleave ends at the
middle of the button image itself.

as deltaf said, install the firebug add-on in firefox and then play
around with you html/css and you can make out the reason.

~nitin