According to the documentation for $.load:
http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax/load

"if you pass in any extra parameters in the form of an Object/Map (key/
value pairs) then a POST will occur. Extra parameters passed as a
string will still use a GET request."

Using serialize() will pass the data value in as a String. You want to
pass in an Object (JSON) instead by using serializeArray():
http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax/serializeArray