I am trying to get rid of Prototype and use only jQuery... , made some
progress but I am stuck now to what I use to do :

I sent an Ajax request ( read the doc.. ok; I got it)

"$.ajax({ url: '#{url}', async: true,  type: 'GET', dataType:
'script'});"

I land correctly at the url  (show action)

  def show
    @library = Library.find(params[:id])
    respond_to do |format|
      format.html
      format.js {  }
      format.xml  { render :xml => @library }
    end
  end

the request.xhr?  => true
I checked (debugger comand) that the format.js block is executed ...
Ok

but now I don't catch how to write the  partial 'update'...

I used to write the 'standard'

        render :update do |page|
          page.replace_html 'library_content', :partial => 'libraries/
content'
          page.show 'library_content'
        end

what should I write with jQuery ?

should I place the jQuery code in a show.js.erb file ?