Hello Everybody,

So here is my issue. I have a container element that I'm fading in and
out. It happens to have a child element that has position: relative.
In IE (6, 7, and 8), when the container is faded, the entire element
is opacity is changed except for the child element with position:
relative.

This is easily fixed in IE6 & 7 by adding position: relative to the
container element. This does not, however, solve the issue in IE8.
Does anyone know of a work around for this in IE8? Is there a better
solution for all of IE? Or is this perhaps a jQuery bug?

Thanks in advance! Here is a barebones example:

        <head>
                <title>Fade In/Out Test</title>

                <script type="text/javascript"
src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/
libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

                        * {     margin: 0; padding: 0; }
                        body { padding: 40px; }
                        .container { width: 300px; margin-bottom: 16px;
background-color:
#fff;   border: 1px solid #999; }
                        .container_header {     position: relative;
background-color: #999;
padding: 4px; }
                        .container_inside { padding: 10px; }
                        .close { position: absolute; top: 0; right: 10px; }

                <script type="text/javascript">
                        $(function() {
                                $("#tryit").click(function() {
                                        $(".container").fadeOut();
                                });
                        })
                </script>
        </head>

                        <h3 class="container_header">
                                Widget

                        </h3>
                                Some content. Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet

                <button id="tryit">Try It</button>