Dooh -- now that you mention it, I should show/hide a vertical style menu (I was trying to figure out how to just show a submenu)

thanks!

On Aug 5, 2009, at 7:45 AM, Charlie wrote:

the popup menu example is just exposing a hidden element, regardless of what is contained in it, like a menu in your case

very simple to get one to appear like the YUI example with a show on button click function
// first hide menu on page load
$('#menu').hide()
//click button to expose menu
$('#menuButton).click(function() {
    $('#menu).show();
});

hiding it takes a bit more work depending on functionality you want from menu and page. You'll need a body click function to hide menu but the menu itself is part of the body and so is the button used in example.

this tutorial explains how to target events and lead you to creating a click function for the body that can ignore clicks on the button or menu
http://www.learningjquery.com/2008/03/working-with-events-part-1

ryantxu wrote:

I am in the process of replacing a YUI menu implementation with
Superfish. (it is great!  thank you thank you!)

Is there an easy way to implement a popup menu?  Something like:
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/example07_clean.html

thanks for any pointers

ryan