It was an example to show you how to get the number of selected
checkbox...

If you want to integrate it with events, then you might want to do
something like:

$("input.myCheckbox").click(function() {
    var numSelected = $("input.myCheckbox:checked").length;
    var numLeft = 10 - parseInt(numSelected);
    $("#statusBox").html("You have "+numSelected+" CD's
selected.<br>You have "+numLeft+" selections left.");
});