I needed this type of continguous and non-contiguous date selection
and for this one case I went with the jQuery plugin Datepicker
(jquery.datepick.js)  instead of the jQueryUI Datepicker which I use
elsewhere.  It has a multiSelect option that works great.  Hopefully
this functionality may be included in a future release of the UI
datepicker.

http://keith-wood.name/datepick.html#multi