We are using JQuery for one of our software projects, and it's a very
nice library. It's making things far easier. We are also using the
Validation plugin, which is working wonders for form validation.
However there's one wrinkle that we have not been able to figure out.
Is there any way to run a function before the validation takes place?

We have help text displayed in some of our text inputs and text areas,
which are cleared onFocus (and restored onBlur if the user has not
entered anything). We would like to clear those help text before
validation is run, so that we don't get any false validations based on
the help text, rather than the actual value of the field, which is
blank.