Hi

this requires using ajax ( either jQuery or google code) to send/retrieve the information which also needs to be tied into gmap code which is part of the Google map API. Google has to geocode both locations and return the directions. Once directions returned jQuery can be helpful for displaying them

If you need someone to put this module together I'd be happy to do it for you.

ind1g3n wrote:
Hi guys,

I am using a google maps implementation in an asp.net page.
Essentially i have a business with its location shown on a google map
on the page. On the asp.net side i just return instructions based on
the locations properties. let me show you my script

foreach(GoogleMapLocation g in profileElement.GetGoogleMapLocations())
{
%>
        <script type="text/_javascript_">
                $(document).ready(function() {
                        if(GBrowserIsCompatible()) {
                                var map = new GMap2
(document.getElementById('map_canvas'));
                                map.addControl(new GSmallMapControl
());
                                map.setCenter(new GLatLng(<
%=g.GetLatitude()%>, <%=g.GetLongtitude
()%>), <%=g.GetZoomLevel()%>);
                                var point = new GLatLng(<
%=g.GetLatitude()%>, <%=g.GetLongtitude()
%>);
                                var freeIcon = new GIcon();
                                zIcon.image = "http://www.mysite.com/
images/map/zpointer.png";
                                zIcon.shadow = "http://www.mysite.com/
images/map/zshadow.png";
                                zIcon.iconSize = new GSize(20, 32);
                                zIcon.shadowSize = new GSize(25, 32);
                                zIcon.iconAnchor = new GPoint(10, 31);
                                zIcon.infoWindowAnchor = new GPoint(9,
2);
                                zIcon.infoShadowAnchor = new GPoint
(18, 25);
                                var premiumIcon = new GIcon();
                                FirstIcon.image = "http://
www.mysite.com/images/map/
Firstpointer.png";
                                FirstIcon.shadow = "http://
www.mysite.com/images/map/
Firstshadow.png";
                                FirstIcon.iconSize = new GSize(20,
32);
                                FirstIcon.shadowSize = new GSize(25,
32);
                                FirstIcon.iconAnchor = new GPoint(10,
31);
                                FirstIcon.infoWindowAnchor = new GPoint
(9, 2);
                                FirstIcon.infoShadowAnchor = new GPoint
(18, 25);
                                map.addOverlay(new GMarker(point,
{ title: '<
%=profileElement.GetTitle().Replace("'", "\\'")%>', icon: <%=
(profileElement.GetStatus() == ProfileStatus.Premium) ? "FirstIcon" :
"zIcon"%> }));
        </script>

height: 250px"></div>
        }
%>

so <%=g.GetLatitude()%>, <%=g.GetLongtitude()%> gives me the lat long
for the business. Now i want to add the ability for a user to get
directions (gdir) but im not sure how to do that, can anyone help?
know i need a form entry to collec the users startlocation and a
submit to postback to this page but im not sure how to implement.

thanks,
ind1g3n