In this case you need to wrap the code inside the onclick in a
function:

onclick="function(){int=clearInterval(int);}"

although obviously better would be to use $.click to bind the event:

$('button#foo').click(function(){int=clearInterval(int);});

You will probably also want to check that the onclick function has
access to the int variable. If you define 'int' in a particular scope
then you need to make sure that the click handler can access the same
scope. Without seeing your code then it's difficult to tell.