I'm not sure I'm asking the question correctly, but if anyone could
point me to the correct article or discussion, I'd appreciate it. (or
just answer the questions if you are so gracious)

After loading an html file asynchronously into a div on my webpage, I
don't seem to be able to use jQuery within that called data.

Example: I pull an html snippet into my web page using .load("file/to/
load.html"). In that file is an img, that when clicked, (I would like)
to open a lightbox.

This just doesn't work.

If I put my snippet of html code directly in my web page[don't call it
asynchronously] the lightbox works fine.

TIA,
Chris