Well, here's your code from what i see

$('#submitForm').click(function() {
   if ($('#contactForm').valid()) {
       $('#contactForm').ajaxForm(function(data) {
          ... more code

So, hopefully like you did, fired up IE8's console/debugger and saw
the break/error like you did...

to help diagnose the issue, use the non-compressed version of the
plugin code instead, that will give you a much better idea of what the
error is and consequently how to fix it....

Also just a short suggestion:  increase your "maxlength" for the email
and subject on that form, they are set way too short