Hello,
Is there a way to stop or cancel an ajax request on demand, similar to
pressing "stop" in the browser? I would like to provide the user with a
cancel button on a "loading" dialog that, when clicked, closes the dialog
and cancels the ajax request. I have the dialog working (thanks to
jQuery-UI) but pressing cancel only closes the it.

I do not want simply ignore the response because I have a "success" callback
that does some heavy manipulation of the response HTML that I'd like to
prevent from running when the user cancels.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

--
Hector