You may be running into problems because the jQuery UI Dialog (I assume
that's what you meant by jQuery dialog) moves the dialog content to the end
of the body to get around an IE6 stacking issue. This can sometimes cause
issues with forms. If you need any more help, there's a dedicated list for
jQuery UI questions
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-ui

- Richard