Hi All

I'm looking for a jQuery plugin for date entry. I *don't* want a date
picker since they really only work well for dates that are close to
today's date. My app requires the entry of dates from years ago (eg:
Date of Birth) and that doesn't work well with any date picker I've
tried. Also some of our users are doing a lot of data entry so
anything that requires a mouse will not be popular.

The way our application works at the moment is that we give the user a
single text entry box for each date.  There's an on-screen hint
telling them what date format to use and then the backend code does
some magic to make sense of pretty much any format a sane person might
use.  The problem is of course the data we receive that falls outside
of that 'spec' :-)

Ideally what I'd like is a plugin that I can apply to the date entry
input elements.  It would replace the visible user interface with
three separate boxes for day, month and year (in configurable order).
The month box might offer autocompletion of month names.  Behind the
scenes the plugin would validate the user's entry and populate the
original form element with an ISO (YYYY-MM-DD) representation of what
the user entered.

Does anything already exist that resembles what I've described?

If not can anyone offer hints on what existing plugins I might want to
dissect and re-assemble to meet my needs?

Thanks
Grant