I have a select box with an inline "onchange()" event that reloads the
page.

Using jQuery I've created a $('#myForm select').live('change', function
(e){...}) event handler to intercept the onchange() behavior and even
though I have e.preventDefault() and e.stopPropagation() after my
jquery event runs the inline onchange() is still triggered...

Am I missing something here?  I realize I could easily remove the
onchange() from the code but ideally I shouldn't edit the HTML
directly and just override it using jquery...

Thanks!