> I get an error "Error: Form elements must not be named "submit"." when
> i have a form with the ability to upload files.  If a file is selected
> for upload i get the error, and not when there is no file for upload.
> why is that?  what difference does it make if there is a submit
> button?

This is a browser quirk and it makes a difference because some
browsers promote form element names to be properties of the form
object completely overriding property/functions of the same name than
already exist.  In the case of file uploads, the form plugin needs to
invoke the native "submit" function on the form, but it will be unable
to do so (in IE) if there is an element named "submit".   So the alert
is meant to help you out.

Mike