not sure what i did, but i got this last bit working. i still need
help on custom messages, & could use some guidance on getting
contextual dependencies working with the accordion (making a radio
input required only if a previous checkbox was selected -- i've looked
at the examples, but can't get them to work in the context of the
accordion).

cheers,

--cz