From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nick Fitzsimons
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 6:16 AM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Anything wrong with this ajax syntax?

2009/9/8 Rick Faircloth <r...@whitestonemedia.com>:
> Is there something missing that would keep it from functioning?

No, but there's something _extra_ that will keep it from functioning ;-)

>      $.ajax = ({ cache:     false,

That equals sign means that you are assigning a new value to $.ajax -
to be precise, the result of the expression on the right hand side of
the equals sign, which in your case is returning an object.

I think you want

$.ajax({ cache: false,

which will invoke the jQuery ajax method with your object as an argument.

Regards,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons