I have a document that I'm using jQuery.load() on to grab some external XHTML.

Within this XHTML, once loaded, I want to also load some .js files and
execute some more jQuery.

However, when I do that, the browser chokes on the comments in the .js file:

======================
Error: not well-formed
Source File: file:[...]/js/ui/ui.slider.js?_=1252444674760
Line: 1, Column: 1
Source Code:
/*
======================

A quick overview of my pages and the pertinent jQuery in each:

parent.html (via the jQuery fancyBox plugin)
----------------------
$.get("child.html", function(data) {
        _set_content( '<div id="fancy_ajax">' + data + '</div>',
opts.frameWidth, opts.frameHeight );
});
----------------------

child.html
----------------------
<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
$(document).ready(function() {
     $.getScript("js/ui/ui.slider.js");
 });
// ]]>
</script>

It doesn't matter what .js file I grab in child.html. They all will
give me a not well-formed error.

Is my logic sound (load an external .js file via jquery sent back via
an ajax call?)

-DA