Sure could use some help on this one. Does anyone on the list have any clue why
the .text() function works differently between FF and IE7? I've submitted this
question for over a week now, and had no suggestions at all.

Doug

From: Knight, Doug
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 9:40 AM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [jQuery] Re: Newbie: Cannot get .text() to work with IE7

Hi all,
I've posted this issue a few times now, and received no response aside from a
comment on a typo I had already caught. Is there anything else I need to
provide so that someone might take an interest in this issue? I would post a
web site where I have the scripts, but where I work I don't have access to an
external public web site. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help. I have
also included the web browser output from FF 3.5.2, and IE7 at the bottom of
the email.

Doug

(snip)

All,

I'm new to jQuery, but not JavaScript. I have the following really simple html
file with jQuery-based JavaScript to open, read and display part of an xml
file. It works fine on FF 3.5.2, but does not work on IE7. Am I missing
something really simple to make jQuery work on IE7? Any help would be great,
thanks!

 Doug Knight

 Here's the html/JavaScript:

                <head>
                                <title>Read XML</title>
                                <script src="lib/jquery.js"
type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
                                jQuery(function(){
                                //$(document).ready(function(){

jQuery.get("test.xml",{},function(xml){

//$.get("test.xml",{},function(xml){
                                                                DBArea = '';
                                                                // This
displays the values from the XML file
                                                                DBArea += "xml
= :" + xml + ":\n";
                                                                // I get blanks
here
                                                                DBArea +=
"$(xml).text() = :" + $(xml).text() + ":\n";
                                                                // The
following gives [Object Object]
                                                                ph_sites =
$(xml).find('product_header_sites');
                                                                DBArea +=
"ph_sites = :" + ph_sites + ":\n";
                                                                // And the
following gives blanks too
                                                                ph_sites =
$(xml).find('product_header_sites').text();
                                                                DBArea +=
"ph_sites = :" + ph_sites + ":\n";

                                                                // Update the
DIV called Content Area with the HTML string

$("#DebugArea").append("<pre>" + DBArea + "</pre>");
                                </script>
                </head>

 And here's the XML file:

    <text_msg>
        <product_header>
            <product_header_site_id>255</product_header_site_id>
            <product_header_node>191</product_header_node>
            <product_header_byte_count>332</product_header_byte_count>
            <product_header_product_type>2</product_header_product_type>
            <product_header_product_status>0</product_header_product_status>
            <product_header_sites>F90</product_header_sites>
        </product_header>
    </text_msg>

FF3.5.2 output:

xml = :