I'm using the JQuery Autocomplete plug-in and having a great deal of
difficulty setting the value of the field either in advance (before
making it an autocomplete) or after page load.

To start, I have a standard text box and was just echoing a value from
php into the value="" param.  Then, on page load, I set the input to
autocomplete.  That would wipe out the value I had entered.

Next I tried setting it after setting the input as an autocomplete.
That looked like it worked, but it really doesn't sync to the values
in the search list.

For more info, I am using a value/id array as the search values.  For
those unfamiliar, the array is structured like:
[ ['One',1],  ['Two',2],  ['Three',3] ]

The autocomplete functionality works great and result gives me the ID,
I just cannot seem to figure out how to preset the value to 2 and
display 'Two', for example.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Erick