Am I the only person who finds wildly wrong the jQuery behavior of
handler invocation for native events on state-changing elements like
check boxes and radio boxes?  Specifically, when the user clicks a
check box or a radio box, the state of the element is changed and then
the handler is invoked.  However, when I call "click()" on the
elements, the handler is invoked *before* the element value is
updated. That makes it pointlessly difficult to write handler routines
that need to look at the value to know what to do.

Am I just doing something wrong?  This is something I've been dealing
with for years now and it's always driven me nuts.

--
Turtle, turtle, on the ground,
Pink and shiny, turn around.