I'm stuck with the same problem, i'm also trying return a 'partial
page' containing a script tag with some javascript i would like to see
excecuted ..

I've tried the textarea suggestion but can't seem to get it to work (i
tried the dataTypes 'json' and 'script' and even 'xml' out of sheer
desperation), so if anyone has any ideas they are more than welcome!

Jan