My new employer produces a web app which relies on Dojo. I haven't
been impressed with their use of Dojo and am hoping they'll let me
introduce them to jQuery. There is considerable resistance. The
project architect is java guy so it frequently seems like we're
talking two different languages when we discuss js frameworks. I'm all
"DOM this, and cross-browser that" and he's all "widget this and mvc
that"

Which has me thinking - have any of you seen a reason to implement a
MVC layer in your js?

Its my impression that MVC tries to solve a problem that js doesn't
particularly have.

thanks,
matt

p.s. sorry if this is a little off topic, but i wanted to get opinions
from fellow jQuery users.