I still can't find a solution to simply print out the XML response
from an AJAX call. I'm surprised jQuery can't handle something that
simple, as it can otherwise do so much.

The other js libraries don't seem to have a problem with it, it looks
like jQuery just isn't up to the task, and I can't use it for this
project.

Disappointed.