no, the problem I have is that I set a mouseout function from jquery
on the menus background.

This background is a box blue square. On this square is buttons that
once clicked takes you to different pages. These buttons are more
linke image links.

Well when the mouse moves over to the image links the menu background
and image links fades out because of the function mouseout. The
mouseout function is used on the menus background  so if the mouse is
not over the menus background  then it fades out the menu.

So when the mouse goes over the image links it detects the mouse is
not over the menu background causing a menu fade out.

What I want to do is make a if statement condition that will only make
the fade out function only if the mouse moved off the menus
background  that is not on any of the image links on the menus
background.  So  I want a if statement that will fade out the menu
only if the mouse moved off the menus background  and onto anything
else then the menus background and the image links on the menus
background.

I am making nothing but a fade in menu. when the person puts the mouse
over the users image a menu fades in.

I got a plain blank blue box that has image links on this box. THe
problem is that  I want the blank box with the image links to fade
out  only when the mouse went over the menu box and then goes out of
that box. I don't want a fade out when the mouse is over the box and
if the mouse goes over the image links then it would fade out.