Seems the mouseover/mouseout events are being triggered multiple times. You probably want to stop them from triggering if #panel is already being animated. Try something like this:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  var $panel = jQuery('#panel');

  // Expand Panel
  jQuery("#tab").mouseenter(function() {
    if (!$panel.is(':animated')) {
      $panel.slideDown("slow");

  // Collapse Panel
  jQuery("#toppanel").mouseleave(function() {
    if (!$panel.is(':animated')) {
      $panel.slideUp("slow");

--Karl

Karl Swedberg