I think it's just not in the scope. I haven't looked into it.
How about looping through each result set and assigning the option
individually.
In addition to your autocomplete initialization code, add this (not
tested):

$("input.vAutocompleteField").each(function() {
    var field = this;
    $(field).setOptions({
        extraParams: {
            extra_var: function() { return field.id; }