I'm using the jquery autocomplete plugin.

Suppose the user starts typing, and the autocomplete presents a drop-
down of possible values.  If the user presses return, the first value
in the drop-down is selected.

What I want instead is the user experience that Firefox's search box
provides: As the user types, search suggestions are offered.  If the
user presses return without selecting a suggestion, what the user has
typed so far is submitted.  And of course, if the user does explicitly
select a value from the drop-down, then the selected value is
submitted.

Is there a way to make jquery autocomplete do that?