If you're working with server side data like that, couldn't you just write a
conditional in whatever language you're using (PHP, CF, ASP, etc) to not
display the <li> if no data?

Also, do you really mean to re-use "database" as an ID for multiple
elements?  ID's ought to be unique.

--
Charlie Griefer
http://charlie.griefer.com/

I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my
wife. And I wish you my kind of success.