i am using Jquery and javascript from long back but i don't know what
this really means and what they return etc can any explain these....or
can u just any wesite containing tutorials about these codings.

 $("#username")

  $("#newUser").bind("click",{},function(){})

$("#spamimage").attr({src:""})

I know what functions they do but i am unable to write my own
programing using these , the third command i know it is returning src
for a image but what is syntax and how to call value in a div or p tag
and how to return values in to those tags using these type of coding
can u say any books/websites or any e-material also helpful to me...
Generally we use document.getElementById().value or
document.getElementByName().value

Thanks and regards,
Anjith kumar Garapati