are you returning false from your event handler? That *should* stop all other event processing.

You could also try to capture the event object (i.e. .click(function(theEvent) { }); ) and then make use of the .stopPropagation() method.

Neither trick will do you any good if the treeview's event handlers are fired before your event though.

Some random thoughts.. Haven't tried any of this.

Shawn

philsturgeon wrote:
I am trying to remove the default behaviour from the <A> within the
Treeview structure. I want the +/- icons to continue to toggle but
when a user clicks on the A I want to fire my own event.

This event is currently firing fine, but it also fires the toggle
behaviour meaning the tree still expands or collapses. Wrong!

http://pastie.org/650742

Does anybody know how I can solve this? I tried unbind() and die() on
all a's within the tree but that did nothing. Im really stuck on this
one! >.<