Where are you downloading your jQuery file?
You should go to jquery.com, click on the large Download( jQuery );
button, which will take you to the Google Code site, and click on
another link. Where is the problem occuring?

Also, Firefox shouldn't be triggering a Microsoft JScript runtime
error. What happens when you did it with Firefox?