I think that by default in IIS, .html filetypes will not accept POSTs.
load() in jQuery is GET by default but if you put something in the
data parameter, it will a be converted to a POST. Do you think that's
what's happening?
Unless your .html file has be configured to do server-side processing,
I don't think it's necessary to POST data to a .html file.