This has served me well:

http://www.learningjquery.com/2008/10/1-way-to-avoid-the-flash-of-unstyled-content

--Karl

____________
Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com

On Oct 16, 2009, at 4:53 PM, derek allard wrote:

Hello.  I'm relatively new to jQuery and wrote a simple script that
hides a block of text and displays a read more link that when clicked
shows the hidden text.  Everything works fine except in Safari where
the hidden text is initially displayed for a second or so before being
hidden.  I did some research and I did run into a few posts about
similar Safari bugs but no resolution has worked for me yet.

Here is the page:
https://216.25.8.35/

And here is the js code:
https://216.25.8.35/gsuniverse/templates/javascripts/readmore.js

Is there a quick fix I can add in to resolve this?  Any advice greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

derek