Hi,

This is my first attempt at using addMethod and it's always returning
true, for some reason.

This is placed outside of document.ready

jQuery.validator.addMethod("checkemail", function(email) {
        var email = $('#email').val();
                $.post("user/checkemail", { "email" : email },
                function(data){
                                if(data.exists == "1")
                                {
                                        return true;
                                }
                }, "json" );
        }, 'This email already has already been registered');

and in the validate() method, I'm calling the function like this:

rules:{
        email: {
                required: true,
                email: true,
                checkemail: true

Is there anything obvious i'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!