Margie wrote:

I have a web app (front end jquery, backend django) that allows users
to type commens into a text area.  My users are asking for the ability
to cut and paste images into their comments.  They want to use an
windows app called mwsnap to basically snap images from their desktop,
then ctrl-v to copy the image into my django app.  Does anyone know
what sort of client side support is needed to do this?  I am fairly
adept at jquery/javascript, but haven't seen anything like this though
it does seem like a very reasonable request since they are certainly
able to cut and paste into Outlook this way.  However, when I try to
cut and paste this way into yahoo mail or gmail it doesn't work, so
perhaps this is a hard thing to do in a web app.  Can anyone give me a
pointer on how this could be done or if it can be done?

Thanks,

Margie

That doesn't work on the web. The best thing you can do is use something like CKeditor and a seperate image upload system that handles rescaling of images and stuff.

Maybe you could do this with a Java applet (that's Java, not Javascript), but I haven't seen anything like that anywhere so far.

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Vanherpe - Tallieu & Tallieu NV - jonat...@tnt.be