We should refrain from replying to any of these spam messages that come through. I agree with the sentiments that the spam is NOT welcome here, but replying to the thread just adds us as a "confirmed" email address.

I honestly believe these messages are not being consciously sent by anyone, but rather those who do appear to be sending them are likely suffering a virus/trojan infection. Or an automated bot is signed up to the list and harvesting emails to send out as.

I think the right approach here is to simply ignore the messages, but let the list operators know (via a different thread/message) that these need to be addressed.

My thoughts.

Shawn