Ok, I think I got it figured out. I am not sure why I couldn't get the
notify to work yesterday but the plugin is not working perfectly how I
need it by calling the notify event if the element is a ul.
                onAfter:function(elem){
                                        if(elem.tagName == "UL"){
                                                $($target).trigger( 'notify', [
$($items, $target).index($